The treasure of every land is the history of its products

Share on

Refreshment Assonautica Trieste

Trieste/Trst (Trieste): 11 Dec 2023, h: 17:00 - 11 Dec 2023, h: 19:00 - Free event

Convivial refreshment for members and friends of the Assonautica Trieste Association.
A small buffet with typical regional products.

Chopping boards with:

  • Montasio DOP cheese - Az. Formaggi Tosoni of Spilimbergo (Pn)
  • Porcina - Az. Sfreddo of Trieste
  • Savory pastry baskets - Panificio Bistrò Bosio of Staranzano (Go)

            - with musse di Prosciutto cotto Praga Trieste - Az. Sfreddo of Trieste and fresh cheese spread.
            - with eggplant cream and Montasio DOP cheese - Az. Formaggi Tosoni of Spilimbergo (Pn)
            - with red herbs, goat cheese and thyme

  • Blackberry jam - Farm Sara Devetack of San Martino del Carso (Go)
    Wildflower honey from the Friulian plain - Farm Licya apicoltura of Bicinicco (Ud)

  • Sesame and onion crekers with Stracchino cheese from Az. Latteria d'Aviano of Aviano (Pn)

  • Macoritti breadsticks from Az. Macoritti Valentino srl of Tiezzo (Pn)


  • Sparkling Ribolla Gialla - Villa Russiz of Capriva del Friuli (Go)
  • Friulano DOC Collio Goriziano - Villa Russiz of Capriva del Friuli (Go)
  • Merlot classico DOC Collio Goriziano - Villa Russiz of Capriva del Friuli (Go)
  • Pinot noir rosé sparkling wine - La Bellanotte of Farra d'Isonzo (Go)
Location Molo Fratelli Bandiera 34123 Trieste/Trst (Trieste) See the map
Molo Fratelli Bandiera 34123 Trieste/Trst (Trieste)
Construction of the Teresian Pier today Fratelli Bandiera On the Zucco rock, now incorporated by the Fratelli Bandiera pier, there was already a signaling system in Roman times. In 1560, as a votive offering for surviving a sea storm, imperial captain Count Antonio della Torre had a chapel erected dedicated to St. Nicholas the Bishop, protector of sailors, with a lamp placed inside it that was always lit as a maritime signal. From a print it appears that in 1617 the little church was already in ruins, and in notes written around 1620 by the monk Fortunato Olmo we read that observing from the shore it still appears recognizable. In 1734 Admiral Luca Pallavicini, commander of the Austrian navy of war, had a battery built there, part of the plan for the maritime defense of the city. On that occasion the ruins of the chapel dedicated to St. Nicholas were demolished. In 1744 Maria Theresa began the mighty and costly construction of a pier, which would be named Teresian in honor of the Empress (today Fratelli Bandiera), connecting the mainland to the Zucco Rock, also with the intention of replacing the battery located at the end of the pier with a military fortress. The project was entrusted to engineer Francesco Saverio Bonomo, but due to repeated fraud on the part of the contractor, there was a lawsuit that led to the suspension of the work; when it resumed, the task was given to the Venetian Matteo Pirona, who completed the pentagonal fort, which became operational in 1787 when it was armed with eight cannons, a furnace for red-hot bullets, and a guard post. (source: Triestesegreta)
Points of interest
To add a reviewLogin
No review found Sign in to leave e review